Attendees: Farrukh Najmi, Abid Hussain, Waseem Ullah, Zubair Niazi, Aftab Khan
- Old business
- None discussed
- Review minutes
- Minutes from August 22, 2019 meeting were not reviewed and approved
- Proposal for creating an Endowment Fund
- Zuabir talked to Javed Iqbal H/1978 to get advice on options
- Javed suggested using Marcus Cormier as a financial adviser for investing our endowment fund in mutual funds
- Treasurer Abrar was not present. Zubair asked that he provide treasurer report on our finances as end of year approaches
- Scholarship process
- Raza had volunteered to draft scholarship process documents. We need an update from him on that
- Funding CCH Psychologist
- Zubair described that Dr. from CCH Salma Sidiqu Board of Directors and psychologist in Islamabad had done a study on student needs. Dr. Shahid Ijaz, psychologist, was hired to be on site a once or twice a week, as part time psychologist. Study was done but final outcome has not been conveyed to AANA.
- Mr. Mohammed Ali liaison with CCH needs to provide report back.
- AANA has funded $5000 for the psychologist from a gift by Dr. Ashai. We are considering funding psychologist on an ongoing basis
- Waseem suggested using US based Abdalian psychologist to provide tele-consultations to students on a volunteer basis.
- Discussing on The Abdalians Association of Canada (TAAC)
- Zubair will contact Dr Khaqan Khan, President, TAAC to explore ways AANA and TAAC can collaborate and coordinate
- Discussion on a mentor-ship program to provide academic and career guidance, accommodations during US visits to 11th and 12th grade students
- Discussion on exploring discounted rates with a company like Air B&B to provide discounted rates for visiting Abdalians
- Zubair suggested to create a separate Endowment Fund in the web site.
- Farrukh took action to update website for this.
- Meeting adjourned at 10:00 PM
- Next Meeting: December 5th, 2019 9PM Eastern
Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5701
Access code: 893246#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/farrukh_najm
Online meeting ID: farrukh_najm
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/farrukh_najm
For 24/7 Customer Care, call (844) 844-1322